Steering Committee Information
Committee Mission: Our mission at Grand Learning is to bring intellectual enrichment and well being to SCG residents through active learning. Maintain the Grand Learning program as the premier environment for active learning in our community.
Steering Committee Composition and Membership
- The Steering Committee shall consist of four (4) at large members; one chairperson and one co-chairperson and the Sun City Grand Activities Director all of who are appointed by the Sun City Grand Executive Director.
- Steering Committee members will serve until resignation or removal of a Steering Committee member takes place.
- Members other than the Sun City Grand Activities Director shall serve without compensation.
Steering Committee Purpose
- Review and make recommendations for approval on curriculum and academic development as well as faculty development.
- Review and make recommendations to the Sun City Grand Activities Director on proposals for new education courses.
- Serve as a resource and advisory group for the Sun City Grand Activities Director and other staff members responsible for various components of the Grand Learning Program.
- Provide input, feedback and support when requested by the Sun City Grand Board of Directors, Executive Director and/or Activities Director.
- Submit proposed education programs for each semester to the Sun City Grand Activities Director for approval.
- Provide on-going recruiting and training of instructors.