INSTRUCTOR'S GUIDE TO USING GRAND LEARNING'S ASAP (On-Line Registration) SYSTEM
All Instructors have a login into Grand Learning's ASAP System since the Instructor login is created when entering a class and identifying its Instructor.
There are capabilities provided by the ASAP system that you might want to take advantage of. They are:
- Get a list of all Students enrolled in your class.
- Send an email to all Students in your class.
- Upload documents for Students to download.
- Take Attendance for your class.
The web page that pops up will ask for three pieces of information.
- Organization ID: For Grand Learning, it is 511. Typically you will only enter this the first time. After that, the browser will remember the number and instead it will state Organization ID: 511
- The Grand Learning Administrator establishes and maintains each Instructors username. Username is usually your first initial and last name.
- Your password. If you do not know your login and initial password send an email to the ASAP Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have a preferred Username and/or a Password, indicate such in your email message.? If you do not specify them, the Administrator will assign them to you.? (You can always change your password later.)
After you login, you will see major topics like Home, and Find along the left hand margin.
Home is typically the only place you need to go since it has basic information about and your classes. When you click Home, the image on the left will appear on your screen (if it isn't already there.)
Edit My Settings (on the right side of the screen) - To change your name, email address, phone number, password, and your biography (listed under Details).
- To have us update your biography, etc.- email your info to (email@example.com)
Students - The names and numbers of your class's Enrolled Students (meaning they have paid), Pending Students (meaning they have not yet paid) and Waitlisted Students if your class is full.
Class Roster - Click the View Roster tab for a complete list of Students with additional information including their email address, which you can click on to send an email to an individual Student.
If you click on the down arrow near I Want To, you will have the following choices:
- View links to online registration
- View class media
- Manage instructors and sponsors
- Email all students
View links to online registration - This will let you see what the student sees when they look at our online catalog. If you see something that needs to be changed, let us know in the office.
Email all students - To send an email to all of your Students or a subset of them click on Email all Students. ASAP sends your email out to each Student individually. That means that none of your Students will see the email addresses of any of the other Students. You can add recipients by putting complete email addresses in the Add Individual box.
You can delete Students from this email by clicking on the little trash(recycle) can that appears right next to each Students name.
Put your own email address (not your name) in the From window when you construct your email. Mark the Copy to sender box after composing the message so you will get a copy of the email.
View Class Media: You can see any media you have already uploaded, or upload more media (e.g., video, photos, documents) to the ASAP file server and make the files available to your Students for download.? Click on ?View Class Media? that is on your class?s home page.?? Any images, videos and documents you have already uploaded and can be seen by clicking on the + sign.
- Images are just that images- typically .jpeg files. It can take a day or more for uploaded files to appear. So you need to upload the file as far in advance as you can.
- Videos can only be links to YouTube videos. This can be difficult for some Students so I suggest you use the Email all students capability to email the link to the video.
- Documents can be anything, including images.
The Upload Media sub-window is located near the bottom of the page. Fill in the boxes: name the file, identify what type of file it is and then browse to locate the file on your PC. At that point you click the Add File button and ASAP will upload your file.You must hit the Save button after the upload has completed.
You can delete the files by hitting the red X.
There are three ways for your students to get these files:
o You can open the file yourself and grab the URL address of the file (it will necessarily start withhttp://www.asapconnected.com/userFiles/511/media... ) and paste that URL address into an email you then send to your students. The students would then click on that URL that is in the email and they will be given the option to Save the file or open it.
o Your student can log into their ASAP Student account, clicking on the View Class Contents button which is in the right hand column associated with your class. From there they will see the same three headings with the + in front of them identical to what you see. They too must click on the + and then click on the file to download.
o Perhaps the easiest method is to send a test email to all your students. Then grab the email addresses that will appear. Enter the E-mail addresses into the bcc line of an E-mail (to protect their privacy), attach the files and send.
Once you have created the Media area for your class, Students will also have the ability to upload files to this same area. Their files are identified as having been uploaded by a Student and not by the Instructor.
o Note that only the Instructor can delete a file whether it was uploaded by the Instructor or by the Student.